Whether you are a concerned parent, husband wife or a business owner curious about the activities on your Mac computers, the two methods below will make suggestions on how to monitor the user activities on your Mac.
You can use Parental Controls in Mac OS X 10.5 i 10.6 to help supervise different user activities which include websites, applications and iChat. What follows describe how this feature functions.
- Log on to your Mac with an administrator account.
- Otvoren “System Preferences” by clicking on the icon in the Dock.
- Go to the “Parental Controls” control panel listed below the “System” heading.
- Click on the lock in the lower-left corner of the screen and enter your administrative username and password.
- Select the account you want to supervise from the list on the left side of the control panel window.
- Go to the “Logs” tab at the top of the window. The control panel will now display all of the websites and applications that the account has accessed within the last week.
- You need to be the administrator of the Mac and Parental Controls can not be enabled for administrator accounts.
- Mac OS X 10.4 has no “Logs” feature in its Parental Controls which means that this way can only be used in Leopard and Snow Leopard.
A better approach is to use a Keylogger for Mac. Aobo Mac Keylogger, which supports Mac OS X 10.4, 10.5, 10.6 and later, enables Mac owners to view all keystrokes, web stranice, lozinke, snimke ekrana, applications and chats – track all user activities. It can be set up to any user account you intend to monitor, including administrator accounts. Once you set it up on the user account you wish to monitor, it runs automatically and stealthily with the log on of the user account.
Monitoring Features of Aobo Mac Keylogger.
- Record keystrokes typed on any applications.
- Record website visits from Safari and Firefox.
- Record desktop screenshots in a preset interval.
- Record both-side Aim/Adium/iChat/MSN/Skype chats.
- Record passwords (Professional Edition).